Tag: Leander


  • A Port for the Irwin District

    Situated on Arurine Bay, a townsite was surveyed as “Denison” in 1866, but was generally referred to as “Port Irwin” up to the 1880’s. It was later called “Port Dongara” […]

  • The Story of the Leander

    The 173 ton brigantine Leander was built in New Brunswick in 1849 of birch, pine and spruce and was fastened with iron bolts. Her owners were Smith and Company and […]

PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com