Significance Generator Guide
Thank you for using the IDHS Significance Generator, if you like it and want to make a donation please let us know on the contact page
- Account Name : Irwin Districts Historical Society
- BSB : 036-131
- Account Number: 177994
We do not store or use any information entered onto the Significance Generator Form. To make the best use of the Generator enter as much information as possible. The resulting statement of significance may be copied from the web page and edited to your requirements.
- From the main form, choose the object’s classification*, after selecting primary and secondary values, return to the main form using the Return button and the main form will be updated withe selected values.
- Enter the object identifying information, accession number, object name.
- Enter the Provenance data, try to avoid “associated with” when a more specific association can be used.
- Choose values in the four significance categories. Totals above 18/20 are judged to be nationally significant, above 14/20 state significance and local significance above 8/20. If the object has a high social significance but no documented provenance, further research will be recommended. Items which are scored 5/20 or below with no provenance are rated for consideration of deaccesssion.
Significance Generator is provided as is, without any representation or warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any representations or endorsements regarding the use of, the results of, or performance of the product, its appropriateness, accuracy, reliability, or correctness. The entire risk as to the use of this product is assumed by the user. The Irwin Districts Historical Society Inc. does not assume liability for the use of this program. In no event will Irwin Districts Historical Society Inc be liable for additional direct or indirect damages including any lost profits, lost savings, or other incidental or consequential damages arising from any defects, or the use or inability to use this program, even if Irwin Districts Historical Society Inc has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
*Historical Collections Classification Scheme for Small Museums, Patricia Summerfield, 1988, Museums Australia, Perth ISBN:0 949069 04 3
Used by permission WA Museum.