The Society acknowledges the traditional owners of the Irwin Districts, their continuing connection to land, sea and community and pays its respects to elders and their cultures, past and present.

Tag: Irwin House


  • Convict Tracks of the Victoria District – The Exhibition

    • Convict Transport Around The World
    • Transportation to Eastern and Western Australia
    • Colonising the Victoria District
    • Policing and the Dongara Occurrence Books
    • Irwin District Convict Mapping
    • The Ticket-of-Leave
  • European Habitation of the Irwin Districts

    European settlement in the Irwin is generally regarded to have occurred in 1851 when Lockier Burges selected the homestead site for “Irwin House” on a gentle slope near the river…

  • The Story of the Leander

    The 173 ton brigantine Leander was built in New Brunswick in 1849 of birch, pine and spruce and was fastened with iron bolts. Her owners were Smith and Company and…

5 Waldeck St
Dongara WA 6525
☎ 08 99271323
(leave a message)
admin@irwinhistory.org.au

Categories

PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com